The Planning Council is consistently recruiting and accepting applications for membership.
The Membership/Nominations/Elections (MNE) Committee is responsible for ensuring that the ethnicity of the Planning Council reflects the HIV prevalence in the Transitional Grant Area, comprised of Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe, and Wilson Counties. All eligible candidates will be interviewed. The membership term is for two years or the remaining months of a vacant term.
- Attend monthly Council meetings.
- Actively participate, in at least one (1) standing committee.
- Willing to learn to make a difference.
- A time commitment of 2-10 hours a month.
If you are unable to commit to serving as a Member, you are still welcome to attend Planning Council and committee meetings. You are always invited to speak through Public Comment at any meeting.
- The AIDS Memorial Quilt
- AIDS Information: US Dept. of Health & Human Services
- AIDS Treatment News Internet Directory
- Alamo Area Resource Center
- amfAR: The Foundation for Aids Research
- BEAT AIDS, Inc.
- The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
- The Coastal Bend AIDS Foundation
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: HIV/AIDS Prevention
- Health Resources and Services Administration HIV/AIDS Bureau
- HIV/AIDS Housing: US Dept. of Housing & Urban Development
- HIV/AIDS Treatment Information Service
- HIV InSite
- Hope Action Care
- Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA)
- JAMA: The Journal of the American Medical Association
- Mujeres Unidas Contra el SIDA
- National Association of People with AIDS
- San Antonio AIDS Foundation
- San Antonio Alternative Housing Corporation
- San Antonio Area HIV Health Services Planning Council
- San Antonio Metropolitan Health District
- South Texas Veterans Health Care System
- TARGET: Technical Assistance for the Ryan White Community
- Texas Association of Community Health Centers
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- Universtiy Health System
- United Medical Center
- Victoria City County Health Department