Constable Ruben C. Tejeda began his career as a Texas Certified Peace Officer in 1977 as a Bexar County Deputy Sheriff. Throughout his tenure, 15 years with the Sheriff's Office and as elected-Constable since 1992, his experience and training includes being a police instructor and mentor for underprivileged children. He has demonstrated genuine commitment to the education and development of students and the community by implementing special interest programs.
Since 1992, Ruben C. Tejeda has served the Bexar County Constable's Office with integrity and distinction. Throughout his professional and public life he has served more than 35 years of continuous tenure in law enforcement.
Constable Tejeda attended Columbia Heights and Collier Elementary, Southcross Junior High, Harlandale High School, San Antonio College, Prairie View University and Southwest Texas State University.
Constable Tejeda is married to Rebecca Mireles-Tejeda and has two sons, Ruben James and Gabriel Jesse. The family is parishioners of Mission San Jose.
Constable Tejeda has been recognized for his many years of outstanding service and dedication to law enforcement and public office.
* San Antonio Police Department "Award of Merit"
* Jaycees Law Enforcement Officer of the Year
* San Antonio City Council Special People Award
* Harlandale Hall of Fame Distinguished Alumni Class of '71
* Harlandale Hall of Fame Community Service Award
* TEA Region 20 Community Service Award
* Veterans of Foreign Wars Award
* All American Armed Forces Patriotism and Community Service Award
* Harlandale .National Little League Volunteer of the Year Award
* UTSA Bilingual Education Student Organization Community Service Award
* PTA Honorary Life Membership Award