Commissioner Adkisson's Special Initiatives
What IS Commute Solutions Month?
- One-month program to promote alternate commuting
- Incentives to try "Commute Solutions" and form new habits
What are Commute Solutions?
- FREE location-based carpool matching
- Carpool 15 times in October to be qualified to win
- Reduced price bus passes already being provided by the county
- Ride the bus 30 times in October to be qualified to win
Why Commute Solutions Month?
- Almost 1/3 of Texans commute 30 minutes or more one way each day
- A car sitting at idle is getting 0 mpg while also contributing to ozone pollution
- Increased traffic safety
- Driving alone costs 34.5 cents per mile
- 10 mile commute costs $1,725 a year
- That's $144 a month with no parking
- Carpooling is a 50% off sale
- Bus riding could save at least $1,665, at most $1,725
Reduce Air Pollution
- Bexar County is a "near non-attainment" region for ground level ozone pollution
- Exposure to ground-level ozone can cause: shortness of breath , headaches and nausea
- Throat and lung irritation
- The vehicles we drive are the single largest source of ozone pollution in our area
How does the county benefit?
- Improved employee work quality
- Higher employee satisfaction & retention
- More available office & parking space
- Better access to diverse labor markets
The Incentive - Cost Saving Matrices
To effectively see how alternative transportation could affect us, matrices have been created to display the monthly and yearly savings.
Find out how much money you can save!
The linked charts have been condensed from the full version. To request an extended chart, please email request to: email@example.com