Albert Uresti, MPA, PCC
Bexar County Tax Assessor-Collector

Lisa Anderson, PCC
Chief Deputy of Administration

Stephen W. Palacios, CPA, PCC
Chief Deputy of Operations

David DeLeon
Director, Motor Vehicle Registration Department

Carlos J. Gutierrez, PCC
Director, Property Tax Department

Pat Hatzel, PCC
Director, Financial Reporting Department

Richard Salas, Esq.
Manager, Customer and Public Information


Vista Verde Plaza Building
233 N. Pecos la Trinidad
San Antonio Texas 78207-3175
(210) 335-6628    Tax Info
(210) 335-6627    Motor Vehicle
Mon - Fri 8:00 AM - 4:45 PM
Wednesday open to 6:30 PM

3370 Nacogdoches Road #160
Salado Park II
San Antonio Texas 78217-3375
(210) 335-6627
Mon- Fri 8:00 AM - 4:45 PM
Wednesday open to 6:30 PM

8407 Bandera Road
Bandera Festival Shopping Center
San Antonio, Texas 78250-2574
(210) 335-6627
Mon- Fri 8:00 AM - 4:45 PM
Wednesday open to 6:30 PM

3505 Pleasanton Rd.
San Antonio, Texas 78221
(210) 335-6627
Mon- Fri 8:00 AM - 4:45 PM
Wednesday open to 6:30 PM

Official Mailing Address:
Albert Uresti, MPA, PCC
Tax Assessor-Collector
Bexar County
P.O. Box 839950
San Antonio, TX 78283-3950

If you have any questions or require additional information, please feel free to e-mail us at

Beer & Wine Permits

The office of the Bexar County Tax Assessor-Collector is an authorized agent of the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC). Renewal applications and Original Applications (Prequalification Packets) can be obtained by visiting the TABC website at To renew your beer license or to submit an Original Application, you must provide a completed renewal application to the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission.

New Law change - Effective February 1, 2014, due to recent legislative changes passed by the 83rd Legislature (SB 1035), the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission will now collect State fees and surcharges. All renewal fees and surcharges should be submitted to the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission. The Bexar County Tax Assessor’s office will no longer be accepting payment for State renewals and original applications for TABC. Licensees however are responsible for paying the County portion(s) of its fees.

Beer renewal applications cannot be renewed earlier than 30 days before the renewal date. If you fail to renew your license on time, but apply for renewal between the first and 30th day after the expiration date, a $100 late fee will be added. During this period of expiration, you are to cease from selling beer and wine. License holders that fail to renew after the 30 day grace period will be required to file an original application with the local TABC District Office once again.

If you possess a permit with TABC, you will receive a notice from the Bexar County Tax Assessor’s Office to pay the appropriate fee equal to one-half of the state fee, Sec. 11.38 and 61.36, Texas Alcoholic Beverage Code, for your county Liquor Permit. However, Mixed Beverage Permit holders will also receive a notice from our office during the third year of operation following the issuance of the Mixed Beverage Permit and a fee equal to one-half of the state fee will be due.

County Beer & Liquor Permits can be processed by mail or in person at the Downtown Tax Office located at 233 N. Pecos-La Trinidad, Suite 130. If you are submitting your renewal for County Beer & Liquor Permits by mail, the appropriate renewal fees may be paid by check or money order and addressed to Albert Uresti, MPA, PCC Tax Assessor Collector, Attn: Beer and Liquor Department, 233 N. Pecos-La Trinidad, Suite 130, San Antonio, Texas 78207.

Section 11.38(e) Local Fee Authorized, Texas Alcoholic Beverage Code, allows TABC to deny or cancel a permit for the retail sale or service of alcoholic beverages, including a permit held by the holder of a food and beverage certificate, if it finds that the permit holder or applicant has not paid delinquent property taxes due on that permitted premises or from a business operated on that premises.

Fees will vary according to the class or type of beer, wine or liquor permits and licenses required for the operation of your establishment. For more information on fees, please contact (210) 335-6524

What Type of Licenses Do We Collect For?

Beer/Wine Permit -- for the sale and/or consumption of beer and wine only, i.e. Stop & Go's, grocery stores, some restaurants.

Mixed Beverage Permit -- allows the holder to sell and serve mixed drinks for consumption on the licensed premise, i.e. bars, hotels, some restaurants and ice houses that sell liquor only.

Mixed Beverage Late Hours Permit -- for those Mixed Beverage Permit holders that sell alcoholic beverages until 2:00 a.m.

Caterer's Permit -- authorizes the permit holder to sell mixed beverages and/or beer on a temporary basis at a place other than the premise.

Beverage Cartage Permit -- Allows the holder of a mixed beverage permit to transfer alcoholic beverages from the place of purchase to the licensed premise, i.e. beer delivery companies, liquor delivery companies, Don's & Ben's, Glazer’s, Block Distributing.

An Application for these permits may be obtained by calling the local Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission office or visiting their website.

Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission logo